In early 1950, the two alternative TVP programs – the Škoda T 50 and Praga T 51 – were unified into one design called T 50/51. The T 50/51 is the last known development stage of the TVP program and represents the watermark of independent Czechoslovak tank design. The vehicle had many modern and advanced features such as a 1000hp diesel engine, sloped armor, round cast turret – one of the elements considered was also an automatic loading mechanism. Several parts were built and tested and the vehicle was considered for mass-production starting in late 1952, but delays in development as well as political pressures led instead to the license production of the T-34/85. The project was cancelled in March 1950.